Windsrock

Kaisa Tuulenkari

Blog

It's been a while

Posted on December 6, 2016 at 4:20 AM Comments comments (0)

Wow! Last post was more than a year ago. Shame on me :)

But you know what, I've been busy. I've been making games! Trying to get into gamedevelopment and it has been very fun. I have put my part in several jam games and I have dumped my own longer game at summer. Just last week our team put a playable demo to GameJolt. Go try it out. It's a shoot them up roguelite like game with sympatic encounters.

http://gamejolt.com/games/dreamventurer/213196



I will put links also to all those other games to my introduction page.

Dream Owl

Posted on September 14, 2015 at 8:10 AM Comments comments (0)

This time I want to share my work process with this Dream Owl painting. Customer asked me to use blue color and not to make it realistic. I then made some thumbnail sketches for him to choose from.


After the selection painting could start. He proveidet the canvas for me and I begun to splash some color on it. First I just put there some yellows and blues and sprayed water to have some depth. Then I made the underpainting still using watercolors. Spraying water ocassionaly and hoping for happy accidents.


Getting in some white acrylic.


Some leaf metal.


Black acrylic.


More details. flipping canvas upsidedown and back. Adding blue to the acrylic palette.


And here we have a finished painting.


Last but not least some clear varnish to protect those delicate watercolors I used at the beginning. I hope this was some what useful and you enjoyed. This was pretty straight forward and really fun project. And I have some cool left over thumbs.

My latest painting

Posted on September 26, 2012 at 11:15 AM Comments comments (0)

I thought it would be nice to post here some work in progress photos of my latest painting. It's done with mixed media, acrylics and lace. I'm really bad with names but I have decidet to call this Final fire. Original sketch is from january 2010. It was nagging in my head so long that I had to paint it.

Running paint looks good but otherwise this isn't going exactly where I would like it to go.

I tried to fles it out with palette knife. It helped but wasn't the whole solution. I painted over almos everything with big brush and smokey colors.

This time the shape of head is more correct but her expression is too hard.

Some close ups. Now you see. Her face is more gentle and maybe sorrowful. It gives you more to think. Right?

© Kaisa Tuulenkari 2012 (33x24cm)

Another faery sketch

Posted on October 16, 2011 at 8:50 AM Comments comments (0)

Last post I had one faery sketched at the lower right corner of the page. Here's another little lady and the last page of that sketchbook. Now I have started a new one and will post something from it later. But in the meantime....



Sketchbook

Posted on August 23, 2011 at 1:00 PM Comments comments (0)

Latest pages of my sketchbook. Some lifedrawing and one fantasy creature from my mind.



Iron Sky has a new teaser

Posted on May 13, 2011 at 6:58 AM Comments comments (0)

As you might know I was last year making costume props for this movie. And I'm happy to promote it whit it's new teaser. And now they have given us a release date, which is April 4th 2012! Working with this project was absolutely fantastic and I'm convinced that it will be top quality. If you haven't yet demand to see it at your local teather do it now here -->


You need Adobe Flash Player to view this content.


Work in progress shots of my most resent

Posted on March 14, 2011 at 3:26 PM Comments comments (0)

So here's my resent drawing. Just finished it. I'm quite happy with the result. I might color it with gimp later thou. All for parctise and practise for me. Last picture can be found in gallery under Traditional paintings and drawings too. I hope You enjoy!



Robin on a box

Posted on February 26, 2011 at 4:09 AM Comments comments (0)

I had an empty incense box and I tought that it would make a nice jewelry box. It just needed something. I looked nice pictures from the internet and made a collage with computer for reference. Then I started to paint with acrylics. Here's some progress shots.



At this point of underpainting I wanted to do some changes to the bird and a branch.



Here's the finished painting and the reference where you can see my changes that I drew over it. And a better view of the box.




So the painting itself is ready, but I'm not sure of the box. We shall see what happens.